Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Quarterlife?

Marshall Herskovitz (My So Called Life, Thirty Something) has created a web series (now on NBC Sunday nights) about six twenty something creative people - the protagonist - is, obviously, a blogger.  

I mean - sure - the plot is semi-cheese and the musical selection throughout episode one was perfectly gray's anatomy I'm about to shed a tear style - but there is something about this show I like. Apparently there is a huge online following of other idiots watching it too.

I don't like the blogging protagonist - who videotapes herself and airs her friends' dirty laundry - then as her friends find out they like masturbate and talk about how they are either angry or as in the case with the boy she loves - decide the blog can be a learning tool to help them discover the "work in progress that they hate."

I dig the introspection and self absorbed nature of our generation.  I say watch - it could be worth it.

No comments: