Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Once


Have any of you ever seen this movie?

I know it didn't get a lot of acclaim (thanks to Peter), but Fox Searchlight was very clever in purchasing this last year and putting it out. It tells the story of two unlikely musicians who almost fall in love and then go their separate ways and is told amidst an amazing cluster of songs that I believe were written and produced solely for the purposes of the movie. Each song, when dissected, is lyrically so so powerful - I think many of the words are haunting and true across all planes of life.

I think one of the reasons that the film strikes me so much is because I generally think that some of the most profound experiences with human interaction that we can have are with people that are not within our core group of family and friends. I have found in my own life that the people that cross your path for but a moment are those that can ultimately shape an important direction, idea, or outcome. Am I being idealistic?

Watch and find out.

No comments: